Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lowry Camping Trip - 2008

My family and I are now in full swing on our family camping trip for the summer of 2008. My plan was to post a page every day of our trip. Well, I am already way behind! I think that I will try to post as often as possible - at least one time every at every new campsite. Currently, we are staying in Canyonville which is in Southern Oregon. This is a great RV park! It has a wonderful indoor pool, great sites and a lot of trails to explore on our bikes. The view is beautiful. As I was sitting here typing on the computer I spotted a deer heading down the hill towards us. Kyer got a little closer to investigate and it scared the deer away. Kallie is sound asleep after a day of bike riding, swimming, and playing in the playground. We started our trip last Tuesday and only got as far as the Maryhill State Park. That was a great park as well! We went swimming in the river - boy was it cold! - and walked down to the fruit stand and got some peaches - those were delicious!! Next, we were on our way down to Canyonville when we drove through Portland and planned on saying a quick hello to Jeff's mom. Well, she didn't think that was a very good visit and we ended up staying until Monday! We are glad we did because we had a great Fourth of July! We are so glad, though, to finally be on the road for our camping trip. We don't have too many set in stone plans, but right now we think we are going to be heading to Diamond Lake next, then Joseph Stewart State Park, and then the beach. Finally, we are meeting Jeff's sister and family in Eureka, California to see the Redwoods on July 30th! It should be a fun month! I can't wait! I am going to attach some pictures of the day we were leaving on our camping trip. (the one of Kyler is posted just to show how excited he was to leave - he was too busy to take the time to put on clothes! :-)) Well, unfortunately, it looks like my pictures are not going to upload. I will have to try again later! =(

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I wish you the best family time! Make wonderful memories! It sounds like you are off to a good start.

Katie said...

How fun...enjoy your time away!

Kailin said...

Have fun! Sounds like you guys are busy! Thinking of you:)