Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tribute to a Lost Loved One

This post is to pay tribute to our dear puppy dog. Cayuse was put to sleep last week after an illness caused her to lose almost full use of her back legs. We miss her very much!
Nine years ago, when I moved into my house, I got Cayuse who was a year old at the time. She helped me feel safe at night when I was all alone. She kept me company and was always there to comfort me when I was feeling down. Cayuse always put a smile on my face because she was so full of energy and life everytime she saw me. She became a very big part of my life. Then, I got married and had children. In some ways, Cayuse took a backseat to these new loved ones in my life. However, she still greeted me by jumping around and wagging her tail everytime I came home. My children came to love her also and really began having fun throwing a ball for her to chase or just sitting by her and giving her hugs. Most of all, she was our camping dog. You could just tell how much she loved camping. She would get so excited when she saw the fifth wheel and the truck. She jumped around all over the place and would not let us out of her sight so that she could make sure we didn't leave her! =) We loved taking her to the beach and watching her leap like a deer over the waves. She loved the leftovers she was always sure to get when camping and she loved all of the walks we went for on the trails.
Cayuse brought us so much happiness. We will miss her!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Jennifer, I am so sorry. She sounds like a wonderful dog!

Shannon said...

Oh...so sad. She's so cute.

Crystal said...

Oh how sad! It's never easy to loose them. 9 years was a long time! They are part of the family, that's for sure.

Nicole said...

I am so sorry it is so hard to lose a pet they are a important part of the family.